Maria Radwick represents individuals, businesses, and public entity clients in both trial and appellate matters. Maria has significant experience in state and federal court in diverse practice areas, including government law, employment, contract, insurance, and intellectual property actions. Maria has represented clients and argued before the California Court of Appeal and the United States Court of Appeals. Maria previously clerked in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D. 2007
- Represented the Commonwealth Scientific Research Organisation (“CSIRO”), the Australian government’s science agency and the inventor of the wireless LAN technology underlying the IEEE 802.11a, g, n and ac standards, commonly referred to as Wi-Fi. The litigation ranks among the most successful recent efforts to enforce a single patent, resulting in payments to CSIRO totaling hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Represented the City of Redwood City, the City Council of Redwood City, and the Redwood City Redevelopment Agency in an appeal from a San Mateo County trial court judgment purportedly invalidating the approval of a retail-cinema redevelopment project in Redwood City’s downtown. In a published opinion,Wilson & Wilson v. City Council of Redwood City, 191 Cal. App. 4th 1559 (2011), the Court of Appeal reversed the judgment in its entirety.
- Participated as a member of the trial team in Digital Video Systems, Inc. v. Sun, Santa Clara Superior Court. The case centered on alleged breach of fiduciary duty and usurpation of corporate opportunities. Following a three-week jury trial, the court directed a verdict in favor of Kerr & Wagstaffe’s client.
- Successfully demurred on behalf of the State Bar of California in lawsuits arising out of the State Bar’s exercise of authority over admissions and disciplinary proceedings, resulting in dismissals of the actions.
- Obtained summary adjudication on oral contract and promissory estoppel claims on behalf of an heir of a real property estate in a lawsuit filed by her former husband.
- Wilson & Wilson v. City Council of Redwood City, 191 Cal. App. 4th 1559 (2011)
Maria Radwick in Kerr & Wagstaffe Firm News