Brady Dewar represents plaintiffs and defendants in a wide array of complex civil matters, with an emphasis on employment disputes, trade secrets, unfair competition, contract claims, and business torts. While his practice focuses on litigation at the trial level in federal and state courts, he has worked on appellate matters before the United States Court of Appeals, the California Supreme Court, the California Courts of Appeal, and the Nevada Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Kerr & Wagstaffe, Brady was an associate at the San Francisco office of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, where he represented major national and international corporations and prominent individuals in various civil matters, including consumer class actions, unfair competition cases, trade secrets disputes, and insurance recovery actions. At Morgan Lewis, Brady dedicated a significant portion of his time to pro bono matters, including representing political asylum applicants and indigent residential tenants in eviction proceedings. Brady has continued his pro bono work with residential tenants at Kerr & Wagstaffe.
Immediately after law school, Brady served as a law clerk to the Honorable Vaughn R. Walker (Ret.), Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- UCLA School of Law, J.D. 2007
Order of the Coif
UCLA Law Review, Senior Editor
- Harvard College, A.B. magna cum laude 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of California / California State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Defended executives of financial services startup from case inception through settlement on eve of trial against breach of duty of loyalty and other claims by their former employer.
- Defeated class certification and subsequently settled New York state class action and nationwide FLSA overtime and minimum wage litigation brought by sales employees of international financial services firm.
- Represented approximately 100 termite inspectors in wage-and-hour dispute with their employer, resulting in favorable global settlement after arbitration of claims of subset of employees.
- Settled data privacy claims brought by minor customer against major email provider.
- Represented California Board of Equalization against constitutional claims brought by taxpayer in dispute over $55 million tax liability; prevailed on motion to dismiss and currently defending judgment in the Ninth Circuit.
- Defended California Board of Equalization against challenge by six professional employer organizations to Board’s method of calculating state environmental fee liability; prevailed at bench trial.
- Settled lawsuit brought by animal rights group against national mall operator based on California shopping center’s alleged refusal to allow protest in mall’s public areas by negotiating changes to the mall’s rules for use of public areas.
- Represented international operator of airport concessions in multiparty labor dispute with Port of Oakland and employee union; reached settlement allowing client to continue its operations and exit litigation early.
- Currently defending large technology company against age discrimination claims brought by terminated sales employee.
- Advised various employers and employees on issues related to employee departures, and represented them in pre-litigation matters, including drafting and responding to cease-and-desist letters.
Brady Dewar in Kerr & Wagstaffe Firm News